Posted to alt.home.repair
DannyB20 DannyB20 is offline

Default Weird phone ring problem?

Hello, This just started today. When an incomming call comes in the
phone only rings about 1/2 of the normal ring one time and stops. If I
answere right away I can talk to the person calling. If I wait a
couple of seconds
I just get the dial tone. The incomming caller states about the same
thing on their end. They hear a 1/2 ring then a click. Line goes dead.
I tried disconnecting all of the phones 1 by 1, plus the DSL router
and the answering machine to see if there was a bad phone, DSL router,
or answereing machine. Still the same problem. I can call out fine and
my DSL works with the puter. Have never encountered this problem or
even heard of someone else having it.

Any thought or ideas will be appreciated before I call the phone
company. Also is there a way to test the phone lines my self. I do
have a fluke multimeter.

Maybe only a coincidence but when I got home tonight there were AT&T
truck in front of my house, don't know what they were doing thouugh. I
have AT&T phone and broadband service.

Thanks, Dan.