Posted to alt.home.repair
Lawrence Lawrence is offline

Default Hot Water Baseboard Heat

On May 9, 9:49 pm, "Dave M." wrote:
I'm looking at a house for sale that has hot water baseboard heat. It is
not the zoned design. The heater is tiny, about the size of a large
pressure cooker.

Is this type of heater desirable, or should I look for a house with forced
air?. Also, can I install central air conditioning when I have the
baseboard heat? The house is a 1600 square foot split level.

Hot water or hydronic heat is very desirable. It is usually thought
of as in the floor tubing but for sure there are baseboards and
radiators of every style and description. Though I have not seen it
done, I have read that cold water can also be pumped throught a
hydronic system for the purpose of cooling. I don't know the details
only that it is possible.