Posted to alt.home.repair
Lawrence Lawrence is offline

Default Entry Door

On May 9, 11:57 pm, (Charles Bishop) wrote:
There is an aluminum framed door, single light, set in an aluminum frame.
There are no hinges on the side. Instead there are pivots, top and bottom,
on what would be the hinge side. The top pivot also has a closer built
into the frame.

I don't see an easy way to remove the door from the frame so I can work on
the bottom. It can't be lifted from the bottom pivot point - no clearance
at the top, even if it did come out easily. There are screws in a bottom
plate which is resting on the concrete, but this doesn't seem to be the
best way to remove it - difficult getting the door back in, aligned with
the (E) holes. The same for the top - there is a metal arm in the top of
the door frame, but I'm reluctant to remove the one screw that I can see
for fear of mucking something up.

How do you take this kind of door out?

No nameplate, i.d. or specifications anywhere that I could see.

--
charles

Your storm door may not be removable from the frame. It was probably
manufactured as a unit. If so, to work on it you may have to remove
the entire frame including door. This may mean removing the screws
you mention. There may be a moulding around the edge of the door
covering the door flange and the screws holding the frame in place.