Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Soundlab G097F advice please.

"t@k" wrote in message
.. .
My neighbour has a Soudlab G097F amplifier that no longer functions.

The symptoms are that everything seems to power up ok but the "protect"
indicator lamp remains lit resulting in no output, whereas normaly it
would only light up for a couple of seconds at power on before hearing a
click and extinguishing, then fuction as normal.

Could anyone suggest where I might start fault finding?

Thanks.
--
t@k
(Invalid return address. Please reply to newsgroup).

First two places to look are for an external short across the output - ie a
faulty speaker or wiring whisker, or someone having driven a nail through
the speaker wire, and then look inside for an open fuse. If either supply
rail is missing, it will stay in protect. However, any sign of a fuse being
blown violently - blackened glass or metal beads - would indicate more
serious trouble in the output stages. No signs of distress at all, could
indicate a problem with the fault detect / relay drive circuit itself, or
even possibly something as simple as a bad joint. What is your level of
experience at working on this type of equipment, and what test equipment do
you have ?

Arfa