Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] bridgerfafc@yahoo.com is offline

Default MDF, Pine, and Bondo

As for laminate, I figured that's one more specialty product that will
require prior experience to apply properly.

yes, but it's not too bad. there are a few kind of important things
to know, but it ain't rocket science. also, because of it's density it
makes an especially suitable surface for your application. it will add
stiffness and strength to your torsion box.

I figured if I mess up on
painting, I can always sand down the troubled spots. This will also
allow me to have a seamless surface that I'm looking for.

Laminate is available in some pretty long sizes, and it presents a
professional looking finished surface from the start. getting a really
true looking surface is a lot about doing the prep work, which is:
bondo/sand/test/bondo/sand/etc....