Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] doordoc@prodigy.net is offline

Default How to I replace garage window?

Yes they are almost impossible to get off without deforming (ruining)
them & we gave up trying to save them & replace the inside pieces
whenever we change the glass.

You can try prying them on one end w/ small screwdriver and work down
the strip spreading them apart, but the plastic is so stiff it is not
easy & very time consuming to do.

F.Y.I. You will never get the pieces (new or old) to go back on
without taking the top section out & laying the section down on the
floor & tapping the pieces back on w/ a rubber mallet or a hammer & a
block of wood. This means it's very easy to break the new piece of
glass when you are putting the pieces back on. So save yourself a trip
& buy more then one piece of glass.

All of this may sound ridiculous but they are a very in-expensive
window frame that alot of mfgs used. We don't use them & all of ours
screw together from the inside.

DoorDoc
www.ActionDoor.com

On May 10, 10:28 am, "doug" wrote:
They are on the inside of thedoor. If I try to pry them off with a putty
knife I am concerned about permanently deforming them. I can't find any
plastic caps covering a fastener that could be removed.

"Oren" wrote in message

On Mon, 7 May 2007 19:32:18 GMT, "doug"
wrote:

I'm trying to replace a window in an aluminum, sectionalgaragedoor
(OverheadDoorComapny).
The window seems to be held in place with 4 U-shaped plastic strips
with grooves on the inside. I'm not sure if they are also glued or
not. So, before I pull too hard and do more damage, what's the proper
procedure to replace a window mounted this way?

Just for clarity. Are these inside or outside thedoor?

My other comment apples to the inside stops.

--
Oren

..through the use of electrical or duct tape, achieve the configuration in
the photo..- Hide quoted text -