Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Ryobi Cordless Drill Charger

In article ,
Jim Yanik wrote:
Similar to Dremel, but cost rather less - and I'm not sure Dremel had a
cordless option at the time I bought it from B&Q, over 5 years ago.

Model #?

HTC-18 4.8v 19W 16000rpm

Pics?

Can't be bothered - do a Google. ;-)

It's had heavy hobby use and even the batteries lasted well. They are
AA size so cheap and easy to change.

Dremel has had a cordless hand grinder for more than 5 years.More like
10 years.

They weren't around in the UK when I bought the Ryobi - or at least not in
the DIY stores.

harbor freight has one that runs off 12VDC,comes with an AC adapter,or
you can run it on your auto battery.(or 8 D cells)

Err, something that needs 8 D cells isn't in the same class. This is a
small light high speed drill. I mainly use it for PCB work. It uses 4 AA
Ni-Cads and is only about 9" long - little bigger than a mains Dremel.

--
*Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.