Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Totally OT - Highway Question - Is 100 Metres Enough

"John Rumm" wrote in message
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

wall..I mean what do you class as an accident anyway? Hit pheasant at
60mph on an unrestricted road..only dent ever in my Defender..Haven't

If you are counting them, then you can add a pigeon, a starling, and
possibly a badger to my total then. (there was one close encounter with a
great dane that was scary - it was bigger than the car!)

Well if you are going too count vermin you have ruined my accident free
period.
I had a pigeon fly into my front nearside wheel while I was doing 70 on the
M6 about 15 years ago.
There was a huge cloud of feathers behind me and an imprint of a pigeon on
my tyre sidewall.