Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Totally OT - Highway Question - Is 100 Metres Enough

Hmm. In which case you are deluding yourself. I have never met a person
who claimed to have 'never had an accident in 35 years' whose car didn't
somehow betray the fact that they had.

You just don't know the right people.
Why do you think an accident is inevitable?

Of COURSE 'that was done whilst it was parked. I wasn't even in it';

'That wasn't my fault'
'someone drove into the back of me'

The ability to claim that you have never had an accident seems to consist
mainly on shifting the blame of the ones you have had, to someone else.

Or maybe its because I haven't or at least not for a very long time.
My only claim to fame was sliding for about 100 yards on ice and failing to
get below 5mph and then hitting someone else sliding across
I don't think anyone was actually to blame as it was to damn slippy to stand
and there were several other cars involved.

Obviously you need driving lessons. You should have seen him coming and
braked much earlier.

Obviously you were going far too slow.

I think they only obvious thing is the attitude you appear to have..
you think accidents are inevitable and judge your driving by how many you
have..
I judge it by not having accidents.

IMO your driving record as you have stated is very bad.