Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Totally OT - Highway Question - Is 100 Metres Enough

John Rumm wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

wall..I mean what do you class as an accident anyway? Hit pheasant at
60mph on an unrestricted road..only dent ever in my Defender..Haven't

If you are counting them, then you can add a pigeon, a starling, and
possibly a badger to my total then. (there was one close encounter with
a great dane that was scary - it was bigger than the car!)

Well I dunno,. In the last year probably a couple of pheasants, couple
of rabbits, missed most of the pigeons sadly..missed the deer
thankfully..seem to have a 6th sense so far about deer..countless small
things that you don't even notice..frogs and mice and the like.

The Myxy rabbits sit in the middle of the road waiting for something to
hit em, poor sods. Not so many this year - the terrier got a couple. We
made pate out of one.

I don't think anyone round here gets away without hitting something
feathered or furry at least once a year. There's an awful lot of it
about, frankly.

Real dearth of hedgehogs tho. Where are our fleabitten hedgehogs?

Saw a dead dog in Norwich the other week. Nasty. traffic was
gridlocked..no idea how that one happened.

Hit a cat once I think..couldn't find it afterwards. Hate that.

Had a few close encounters with White Rhino in Africa, but none decided
I was an enemy/mateable with. ;-)

Personally I think the government should ban all insects from the roads
and prosecute them. They are obviously flying too slowly.