Posted to alt.electronics,comp.sci.electronics,rec.electronics,sci.electronics
Eric Sears Eric Sears is offline

Default Relay delay circuit?

That sounds like it should work. I was also thinking of only one relay with a cap across it which would charge almost instantly when given a 12 volt signal from the regulator, but would take a while to discharge through the relay coil. This sounded like the reverse of what I want (delay occurs at switch-OFF of invertor, but the regulator actually switches the 0V output to 12 volts when it wants the invertor off, so I could use that and the battery ground to provide a reversed signal to the relay.

OK Peter, thats the right idae. Just use the nc contacts instead of
n.o. Put the cap across (WITHOUT the resistor) for almost instant
switch-on, but slower release.

Eric Sears