Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sam Goldwasser Sam Goldwasser is offline

Default Long random delays is HP C6270 scanner

bz writes:

Sam Goldwasser wrote in
:

"hr(bob) " writes:

Is the long delay on scanning only for the first scan, or are multiple
scans all equally delayed? Many scanners have a 30 secoind warm-up to
get the fluorescent light up to a certain light output before scanning
starts.

Random. It may be the preview scan or any other scan. 5 scans in a row
may work fine, then wait 10 minutes for the next 1, etc.

It may think it has gone into 'standby'.
Does the scanner have any indicators (text display, for instance) on it?
I assume that you are NOT seeing any kinds of message on the computer or
display (if there is any kind of display).

No, it just stalls. There is no error message and there are no indicators
or LCD display on the scanner.

The light will always be on, but when this happens, it may go through
some of the motions like repositioning the scanner lamp/CCD to the back.

And when it finally wakes up, it will typically go through several motions
including turnign the lamp completely off and back on again.

Thanks.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:
http://www.repairfaq.org/