Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Ryobi Cordless Drill Charger

In article ,
Jim Yanik wrote:
Ryobi's use a really simple charger,just a wall-wart with a diode
rectifier,I suspect.The transformer probably limits the charging current
itself.

I don't know what you'd make the windings out of to achieve this - copper
will melt. The cheap and nasty way is a series resistor.

Ryobi's are the cheapest cordless drill/drivers around.

Really? I have an elderly miniature cordless drill which has given
sterling service. Their current stuff seems about par for the course at
the price.

--
*Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.