Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Festool DOMINO - doubling mortises in 2x4s

"charlieb" wrote in message

I guess you missed the "no layout lines, no centering, no stops to
set" advantage of the DOMINO

Nope ... been reading every word of your reviews, and yes, the M-R must be
set up with "stops" on three axis' before you can buffle off to shuffaloe.

I wish all this comparison/analysis would have been this readily available a
year or so ago when I was casting around mightly for solutions to compound
angled joinery for chair making. Being familiar with the use of the M-R, I
hope you don't mind me bringing some of that experience into the discussion,
strictly for comparative purposes.

That said, the Domino is indeed impressive for its speed, price and
versatility and about the only thing I could conceivably fault it on,

not
having used one yet, is it is perhaps a bit shallow on mortise depth for
some applications.

Only God is Perfect.

Shhhh! ...

--