Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Totally OT - Highway Question - Is 100 Metres Enough

John Rumm wrote:
wrote:

A safety margin is essential. 100% doesn't seem excessive.

Then why was it not included in the original figures for the vehicles
current at the time then? ;-)

In the days when I first saw that,a Morris 1100 was a pretty modern car.
Now my cousins sit up and beg ford popular with cable brakes on
oversized crossply motorcyle tyres..was a different thing altogether.

Even then they had to write rules for idiots in crap cars. But in those
days they weren't enforced for intelligent people in decent cars, by Big
Brother cameras.