Posted to alt.home.repair
\Fat Tony\ D'Amico \Fat Tony\ D'Amico is offline

Default Clarification - Garage Spring Stretching Tool?

Pop` wrote:

THAT is a decent idea! I'd never have thought of that in a million years!!
I had those doors when we lived in Chgo so am familiar with them but haven't
had any good ideas for this poster. I ended up useing threaded eye-hooks
for the springs. Loop the spring over it, lug the nuts until it cinched up
where I needed it. Those springs were bears to stretch and get positioned,
plus it was a low-clearance installation and a bit_h to reach things when
the door was up.
A few pieces of wood to keep the springs partially extended would have
worked wonders - good thinking.

That is a stupid idea. You're going to kill this guy.