Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sofie Sofie is offline

Default TV turns off when changing channels

It sounds to mike like contaminated circuit board and/or switches... maybe
cracked board traces or bad solder connections. To verify that the
problem is only there and not in the system control chip in the television,
I would go to WalMart or Radio Shack and get a $cheapo universal remote and
verify that the problem only happens with the front panel switches on the
television.
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie
Electronics Supply & Repair
- - - - - - -

"railbird" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a Samsung TXE1970. I don't have a remote. Lately, when I try to
change channels by pushing the buttons on the front of the set,
the TV turns off; sometimes it will change channels in the wrong
direction(eg, go from 6 to 7, instead of 6 to 5). The "turn off"
usually happens when trying to go to a higher numbered channel(the
button). I haven't done any DMM tests yet, because the board/wires are
a tight fit, and it's going to be a hassle to try to duplicate this
problem with the board out of the chassis. I am hoping someone can
tell me the most likely thing(s) to check: is this more likely just a
loose solder joint, some mechanical button/spring issue, or a
component prob? Thanks.