Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
Martin Martin is offline

Default Driving Me Crazy

"the_constructor" wrote in message

"Martin" wrote in message

"the_constructor" wrote in message
I paid my council tax today online and on the very last screen you are
able to save the file which is an online VAT receipt, showing all your
payment details in.

Great I thinks, I'll be able to print my receipt out later.

Logged off after saving only to realise that the file has an extension
of .cfm

Trawling through the net I find that it is a ColdFusion file and the
prog is very expensive.

Anyone know of a prog that will let you view and print .cfm files that
is relatively cheap or free.

--
the_constructor

What on earth is the point of getting a receipt? On-line payment means
you have proof enough from your own bank statement. And since when is
there VAT on council tax?

You only ever need a receipt for someone else's benefit - so if the need
ever arises, just send them your CFfile.... they'll soon decode it if
they're really interested....

An email of complaint has been sent to Council but I bet they do now't
as per usual

Good job too - I don't want them wasting my money on receipts for fully
traceable transactions.

HTH

--
Martin

Here's what it says on the receipt Martin

OFFICIAL INTERNET PAYMENT VAT RECEIPT

OK. I deduce you can pay for other stuff on the same site, some of which
may be VATable - hence the supplier (council) is including its VAT Reg No.
etc on _all_ receipts, and calling them _all_ VAT receipts. Or maybe they
know something of Gordon's plans which we don't - and are preparing
themselves.... :-((

--
Martin

[Remove barrier to reply]