Posted to alt.home.repair
jacko jacko is offline

Default Briggs and Stratton Carb

The tank should be removed with the carb still attached. Pay attention to
the location of linkages for reassembly.
"Doug" wrote in message

Anyone know how to remove a Briggs and Stratton Vacu-jet carb from a
3.5 HP engine?
This is the floatless type of carb with a tube extending down into the
gas tank. It's held on by 5 bolts but is also fitted onto the intake
tube on the engine block side.

I can't pull the carb up because of the intake tube. I can't pull it
forward off of the intake tube since forward movement is blocked by
the suction pipe going to the bottom of the gas tank.

From what I see, the only way to pull the carb is to lower the gas
tank. This seems to require pulling the engine off of the lawnmover
bed for access. There has to be a better way....

The carb is partially clogged and I can't clean it properly with it in
place. The engine runs lean and will only run right if the whole mower
is tilted 45 degrees or so. That seems like a weird effect for a
floatless carb but I suspect that some foreign matter is partially
clogging the inlet tube.

Doug