Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ross Herbert Ross Herbert is offline

Default Replacement telescopic antenna for SONY ICF7600A am/fm/sw radio

On Tue, 08 May 2007 10:25:03 GMT, Ross Herbert
wrote:

This is a long shot but if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

The original Sony part # was 150125500 superseded by part # 991099931
- no longer available.

Thanks for all the suggestions as to alternative antenna's, but SONY
appear to have had their antenna's made to order. Despite the
thousands of varieties out there, it seems only the original will fit.
On this radio the antenna must be pulled upwards out of the case to
allow the antenna to be swivelled. This means the base part (below the
swivel point) is special and if an alternative antenna is to be used
it is inevitable that the base part be retained and the new telescopic
part fitted to it. In order to fit into the case recess the this
limits the telescopic part to those with a female slot at the base
2.5mm wide, 6mm outer diameter and a collapsed length of 160mm.

While searching I came across Ken's Electronics
http://www.kenselectronics.com/index.html and he lists an amazing
range of telescopic antenna replacements (see Boombox & phone). Only 3
of them have female slots.