Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Lee is offline

Default OT.... well mostly... ping morris....

Gotta build me one out of beer cans....maybe 2 or 3 lol
"Morris Dovey" wrote in message

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/notag/sol...-soda-cans-256
740.php

I got a chance to see the top photo before the paged caused my
internet exploder to explode...

The design is OK for a science fair project - but we've made a lot of
major improvements since these appeared in the early 70's and this
design doesn't reflect (sorry) any of those improvements.

The design will run too hot, meaning that it'll be unnecessarily lossy
from both conductivity and re-radiation in the IR range - as well as
the obvious reflective losses (if you can clearly see the details of
an absorber, too much of the energy is being reflected back to the
environment and isn't being collected.)

Nonetheless, I feel obliged to tip my hat to the builder because, even
though the design is "immature", the builder still did very much
better than those people who sit on their butts and do nothing -
except complain - about high energy costs.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar