Posted to alt.home.repair
Lawrence Lawrence is offline

Default How to I replace garage window?

On May 8, 8:19 am, "doug" wrote:
Yes window was broken. I have a piece to take to the hardware store. How
do I "just remove the strips which hold it on by whatever means necessary"?
How to remove the strips was my question.

"Lawrence" wrote in message

oups.com...

On May 7, 2:32 pm, "doug" wrote:
I'm trying to replace a window in an aluminum, sectional garage door
(Overhead Door Comapny).
The window seems to be held in place with 4 U-shaped plastic strips
with grooves on the inside. I'm not sure if they are also glued or
not. So, before I pull too hard and do more damage, what's the proper
procedure to replace a window mounted this way?

Since the widown is presumed to be broken then there is no need to
worry about damaging it further. Just remove the strips which hold it
on by whatever means necessary. Then give a rap on the backside of
the window with a mallet or whatever. If it is intact then you can
bring it with you when buying a replacement. If it is in pieces then
measure carefully. Go to an old fashioned hardware store (Ace) and
they will cut you a piece from new material.- Hide quoted text -

Is it a plastic or glass window?