Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Maintenance for 5-year old home?

On May 8, 4:05?pm, wrote:
I bought a simple ranch style home with no basement a few years ago.
I have not done anything except change air filters and grease the
garage door rollers.

Is there anything else I need to be mantaining /checking? Is there an
internet checklist for 3-5 year old homes?

I have actually been renting it out and claimed almost $12k in
depcreciation over the last three years? What exactly is depreciating
that amount , as the home still feels like 'new' to me?

eventually your home will need a new roof, new driveway, new furnace
etc. just smile at the tax deduction.

have furnace and air serviced perodically, clean gutters downspouts,
fix up yard.beginning of list

, mother nature wants to destroy everything eventually. stuff just
wears out falls apart