Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default Garage Spring Stretching Tool?

"Fat Tony" D'Amico wrote:
Larry wrote:

Is this the old style of door, that is a single panel, not 4 or 5 panels?
The type which you pull towards you, then it swings up?

Now that I think about it, I bet he does have a one-piece.

I have never replaced the springs on them, only taken them down and
replaced the door. (after some framing)

Having lived here in Red Sox Nation for the past fifty something years I
didn't think about the possibility of it being a one piece door either.

One piece garage doors aren't commonly used here because a couple of
inches of snow drifted against the bottom edge of the door makes them
near impossible to begin opening.

I do remember our home had two one piece garage doors when I was a kid
living in snowless San Francisco. G

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia