Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default ceiling fixture attach plate screws

I mean those screws that you use to attach the fixture to the celing box
with.

Seems like they designed it so that it was as difficult to use as possible.

2 screws with a single nut fed through the ceiling box mounting plate and
that is supposed to secure the fixture to the box. I'm sorry but I can't
fathom a more difficult task. Couldn't they have at least provided 2 nuts
per screw so that the screw could be held secure when you're trying to
position the fixture on the mount plate? And that's the other thing, you
aren't screwing the nuts INTO the mount plate, the screws are dangling OUT
of the mount plate. In a ceiling mount that isn't too bad, but when its for
a wall mount its almost impossible because the screws flop down.