Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default Driving Me Crazy

the_constructor wrote:

I paid my council tax today online and on the very last screen you are
able to save the file which is an online VAT receipt, showing all your
payment details in.

Great I thinks, I'll be able to print my receipt out later.

Logged off after saving only to realise that the file has an extension of
.cfm

Trawling through the net I find that it is a ColdFusion file and the prog
is very expensive.

Anyone know of a prog that will let you view and print .cfm files that is
relatively cheap or free.

An email of complaint has been sent to Council but I bet they do now't as
per usual

I bet it still contains (X)HTML. Coldfusion is a server side system - if the
server dumped code on you, it would be a possible breach of security on
their part and generally a bad show all round. You wouldn't be able to run
it anyway even with a copy of Coldfusion as it will undoubtedly need a know
infrastructure around it (database server and so on).

Try renaming it to .html and then open it. Fiver says it will be fine

Cheers

Tim