Posted to misc.consumers.house
R Kannan R Kannan is offline

Default Lowes extended warranty for appliances - Any good?

z wrote:

On May 7, 12:17 am, Stan Brown wrote:
Sun, 06 May 2007 22:57:03 -0400 from Tim Iskander
:

We bought a lawnmower from Lowes (for my mother-in-law) and bought the
extended warranty (as it was claimed to be all-inclusive, fix any
problem at all). Well... the mower broke (hard start/rough running)
THREE WEEKS AFTER WE BOUGHT IT and when she took it back they gave her
nothing but grief and wanted to charge her $25 to fix it. It was an
absolute debacle and took a few heated exchanges before they made
right.

I'm sorry for your awful experience, but I hope you recognize that it
had nothing to do with a store-sold extended warranty. Within three
weeks it would surely be covered by the manufacturer's regular
warranty -- maybe, even, by the implied warranty of merchantability.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

Yeah but... if they hassle you on the regular waranty after three
weeks, just imagine the runaround you will get on the extended
warranty after three years.

Should the buyer of the lawnmower called the manufacturer first as it should
be covered under the manufacturer's warranty. I am not trying to defend
Lowes, their response was despicable,