Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default Installing Laminate, old Vinyl Floor Squeaks

I would remove the vinyl but if it is full glued down that won't be easy.
Vinyl outgasses forever so that is why I would get rid of it. Also will let
go at the exact wrong time.

"VV" wrote in message
oups.com...
Folks,
I am installling new Laminate Flooring. In the Kitchen we have 25 yr
old Vinyl. I have been debating whether to remove it or install
laminate right over it.
Also, I have some spots where the floor squeaks when walked over those
areas.
Some contractors said that removing the vinyl will get rid of the
noise. Some said the subfloor is the one making the noise, so getting
rid of the vinyl wont help.

What is recommended from the experienced folks in this newsgroup?
-VV