Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Random Orbital Floor Sander

"Nancy Young" wrote in message
. ..

"Cliff Hartle" wrote

I think HD has a smaller drum sander also that is designed for the home
owner. My Sister and In-laws both had their floors refinished
professionally. The drum sander was definitely not for the amateur, It
ran off of 220 and was attached directly to the fuse box.

We once rented one of those drum sanders after my sister-in-law
told us You'd be surprised what a great job you can do on your
own. Well. Despite following directions, it didn't really work out
that well and we did some (not too much) damage to the floor.

I know this is the wrong newsgroup to say We called a professional,
they came in and did this whole room (maybe 20 by 12) for $180,
finished and sealed, and they even made an oak sill for the transition to
the
new kitchen floor. And cleaned up. I don't remember what renting the
machine cost, but it was worth whatever extra just to have the pros come
in.

That was an excellent price. Most won't do so well.

Bob