Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default Asphalt patch/seal?

On May 6, 8:53 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
"Nate Nagel" wrote in message

Can anyone recommend any specific products for repairing and sealing an
old asphalt driveway? I have cracks and holes, but overall it is in good
shape. I'd like to seal the whole thing as I suspect it hasn't been done
in 20 years or so. Also where to purchase would be appreciated, if any of
the good products are available at Home Depot or Lowe's. (I tried to look
at HD the other night but never could find the stuff, or an associate that
wasn't busy attempting to help someone else.) I do have several good
independent stores around, if someone can simply recommend a
brand/product.

thanks,

nate

I just attended a seminar where we had a speaker on asphalt sealing. The
pot to do it right is $10,000. Anything less than a professional job is
just that, and won't last very long. One of the keys to knowing if you need
sealing is cracking and turning grey.

Do it right, unless you are going to sell, and then it don't matter unless
you get a buyer who knows what's going on.

Steve

Let's say that it doesn't bother me that it won't last very long,
because I don't have the money to hire a pro but something needs to be
done - at a minimum I need to cold-patch some holes. What then?

nate