Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tksirius@gmail.com is offline

Default window in shower

You need a vent in there. Its either a window or electric vent fan.
Pick your poison and go with it. Personally I am not a fan of
having
a window in the shower. I would simply repair any damage that is in
there and close the whole thing off. Putting in a good vent is
easy with everything open.

One other thing is I recommend Panasonic Vents. Great quality
stuff and its quiet.

Tom

On May 7, 1:09 pm, Limp Arbor wrote:
I am in the midst of a complete bathroom renovation. Gutted the
entire room down to the studs and subfloor. The floorplan can't
change so rearranging fixtures is out of the question. What could
change is the fact that centered along the long side of the tub/shower
is a window.

The studs are rotten and barely attached to the homosote sheathing and
the window has almost no support.
The vynil siding is about two years old and doesn't get direct
sunlightand was not a special order color.
The window is a vynil replacement window installed at the same time as
the siding.
A cast iron tub will be installed with a ceramic tile surround.
A vent fan/light will be installed.
The house is about 35 years old.

Should the studs be replaced/repaired and the window left in place or
should I have the window removed and the sheathing/siding patched in?