Posted to alt.home.repair
Kate Kate is offline

Default Random Orbital Floor Sander

We used one several years ago to do our floors. It is a little messy but
works well. Particularly if you're uncertain about using a drum sander.
Check with the rental company about the unit and it's compatibility with a
dust removal system. Otherwise you can just have wifey tag along behind with
the shop vac and keep it swept up.

If you tape sheets over doorways and the like you can help minimize the
amount of dust that travels through your home but I think it unlikely that
you will manage it "Dust Free"

Kate

"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message
Anyone ever rent one of these? My wife wants me to sand the floors, but we
are concerned about dust. Is there a way to hook up a shop vac to these to
minimize the dust? I see that they come with a dust bag, but if they're
like my ROS, they're only marginally effective.