Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
George George is offline

Default Storing a gas snowblower till next winter

Charlie Morgan wrote:
On 6 May 2007 17:45:06 -0700, Lawrence wrote:

I use Sta-Bil in all gas for my many small engines, and That's ALL I do. One
ounce for every 2.5 gallons. No draining of carbs, no running them dry. I just
took my lawnmower out yesterday after sitting for 6 months. pushed the primer 3
times, pulled the rope once and off I went. I use Sta-Bil in all gas for both 2
and 4 stroke engines. Screw all the "storage instructions". It's all baloney,
except possibly using a fogging oil. I do that for some of the bigger motors,
but I can't say it really does anything useful. I have 30 year old small engines
that have never been fogged and they still run just fine.

CWM

Same here, I add some stabil and run for a few minutes and the machine
is ready for storage with no problems when it comes out of storage.