Posted to alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.house,rec.food.equipment
beecrofter beecrofter is offline

Default cleaning foil off an electric stove burner

On May 7, 4:02 am, ahmed wrote:
Hi,

So my roommate was heating something on top of foil on top of our
electric stove burner. The foil ended up melting onto the burner.

Any ideas on how to get it off? We've tried reheating it so it's
easier to clean off but with no luck.

Thanks.

Oven cleaner will chemically attack it, but a few weeks of use will
burn it off without any oven cleaner.
A little bit of scraping will help. The outside of the coil is
insulated from the power but I would still turn the burner off while
scrapeing.