Posted to alt.home.repair
jmagerl jmagerl is offline

Default Grease around Stove (Impossible to Remove)

No one has suggested a steam cleaner yet. A bit on the expensive side for a
solution.....

"thehick" wrote in message
ps.com...
I am cleaning up a rental (you know what that means) apartment
and the grease on the walls around the stove is proving very
difficult to remove. Tried: Baking Soda, TSP, Dishwashing
Detergent, Bleach, WD40, Lysol, Spray Nine. Tomorrow I'll
try Dunk (automotive degreaser). It just isn't coming off.

I guess I could scrape it too and then sand it but that'll
make an unholy dusty mess of the kitchen. We want to
paint the whole apartment so if the paint comes off,
that's OK too. Underneath is probably plaster. Not drywall.

Any other suggestions? thanks...thehick