Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH dadiOH is offline

Default Random Orbital Floor Sander

Buck Turgidson wrote:
Anyone ever rent one of these?

Yes
______________

My wife wants me to sand the
floors, but we are concerned about dust. Is there a way to hook up
a shop vac to these to minimize the dust? I see that they come
with a dust bag, but if they're like my ROS, they're only
marginally effective.

I had no problem with dust. Yes, it made dust but most was captured -
the air wasn't filled with it - and a simple brushing of the room's
walls afterward was all that was needed. If you work one room at a
time and simply hang plastic at the doorway you should have no
problem.

PS - Don't let anybody talk you into renting a drum sander instead of
the orbital. The drum is faster but takes experience to use; without
that experience you can ruin the floor in a heartbeat.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...