Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob Bob is offline

Default Best way to fill a snipe on a small box

"jtpr" wrote in message
ups.com...

Anyway, I was thinking of taking some sanding dust out of my RO sander
and mixing it with some glut and patching it, then sanding again. The
finish on this will be a mixture of tung and linseed oil with a bit of
wipe on poly. Do ya'll think this will work?

I think you might end up with something worse than you've got. I'd consider
some way to flatten the surface down to the depth of the snipe. I had to
flatten the side of a small jewelry box and had good results using a sharp
Stanley no. 8 jointer plane. You could probably achieve the same results
with a belt sander (careful!).

Bob