Posted to rec.woodworking
Prometheus Prometheus is offline

Default another question about your technique

On 6 May 2007 18:00:24 -0700, marc rosen wrote:

Hey Guys,
Thanks for all of your replies. I think I will go with the plan's
suggested fasteners and also acknowledge Stoutman's comments about the
Stickly style I want to achieve. My plans also recommends placing a
dowell near the rail's fastener to provide some cross grain for the
screws. Anyone here do this as well?

Yes. It seems to work well- but I only use that in shop furniture,
where I don't care if there is an exposed plug on the surface.

Back to the bed hardware- I like to put a block on either end of the
apron, and install threaded inserts into the leg. Bolts go through
the blocks, and thread into the inserts- that way, it can be taken
apart just as easily as any other system I've seen, but there is no
exposed hardware.