Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Lobby Dosser Lobby Dosser is offline

Default Musing re spindle bearings that take a licking and keep on spinning.

" wrote:

Have I damaged bearings ??, yes I'm afraid so, I do confess to have
hit large ball bearings with a sledge hammer to get at the balls, we
played games with them, when my Dad found out, he was not impressed,
I do remember that.

Don't remember what the bearings came out of, it was wartime material,
and the bearing balls where at least an inch in size as I seem to
recall.

Steelies!! They were banned from most marble contests and horrendous
arguments broke out between seven year olds over whether or not to allow
them.

When you hit a glass marble with a Steelie, you could sometimes see the
chips fly.

(Do flying chips get this back on topic?)