Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Bob M. Bob M. is offline

Default Storing a gas snowblower till next winter

"Berkshire Bill" wrote in message

Emptying gas tank and carburettor are primary.
I also (2) empty the oil sump;
(3) remove spark plug, squirt a few drops of oil
in the hole and pull manual starter once (to
distribute oil on cylinder walls, and replace
the spark plug only finger tight;
(4) store under cover from the weather.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

NO FINGER TIGHT SPARK PLUGS !! I unknowingly started a lawn mower with a
finger tight spark plug. When the spark plug left the cylinder head and
went through the side of my boot I figured "no problem" it will heal. Two
weeks later they amputated my great toe at the first joint.

Bill

....and I'd say the same to the suggestion to "drain the oil". Bad idea -
you will forget, and it will be expensive when you're reminded by the
shrieking sound of bent, busted piston & valves.