Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Random Orbital Floor Sander

Buck Turgidson wrote:
Anyone ever rent one of these? My wife wants me to sand the floors,
but we are concerned about dust. Is there a way to hook up a shop
vac to these to minimize the dust? I see that they come with a dust
bag, but if they're like my ROS, they're only marginally effective.

If you are thinking of doing a floor using a hand held orbital sander, I
suggest you plan or renting it for a year or so. You want a real floor
sander. Today they make them that have dust collection and do a good job.
They are available for rent and they will give you some tips on using it
(the details are different for different models) when you rent it.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit