Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default oscilloscope question

On Fri, 04 May 2007 14:56:15 GMT, "Dave"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I'd like to know what the minimum useful bandwidth is for an oscilloscope to
be used for general TV and audio equipment troubleshooting and repair. I've
stumbled across a 20MHz dual-trace scope at a second-hand store, it appears
to work and they only want $50 for it. The brand is "Leader" which I'm not
familiar with. Comments?

I have a Leader LBO-514 10MHz scope. It seems to be adequate for most
jobs. I had to fix about 50 dry joints, though. If yours is anything
like mine, you will need to redo all the interconnects between the top
and bottom layers of each PCB.

- Franc Zabkar