Posted to alt.home.repair
clifto clifto is offline

Default Screwgun Recommendation

Mike Dobony wrote:
"Chris Lewis" wrote...
If you're using a grinder, water is just fine. The idea is to
keep it cool.

You are no machinist. The water does more than keep it cool. It needs a
lubricant and the water does not do a very good job of lubrication. Oil or
coolant keeps the part from becoming brittle.

I can picture how cooling would prevent brittleness. I can't imagine how
lubrication could prevent brittleness.

--
Postulate a God who's so smart He designed things we won't discover for the
next ten years, but who's so incredibly stupid He couldn't think up the