Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Now what do I do???

On Sat, 05 May 2007 16:16:10 -0400, Max wrote:

On Sat, 05 May 2007 20:08:41 GMT, "Marcy" graced
this newsgroup with:

My bathroom has two outlets and neither work. One is the kind that has to be
reset if there's a short circuit. If I push the test button on that one it
should stay in and a red light should come on until I reset it with the

other button. The other outlets in the house work like that. But this one -
the test doesn't stay in and the light doesn't come on. A breaker for this
bathroom (in the box in the garage) won't stay on. I don't see any loose
connections when I look at these outlets. I have no money for an
electrician - what can I look at?
Thanks,
Marcy

Marcy,
I don't personally know of any GFI switch that glows red when it's
*not tripped*. Usually, they're set up so that the red light comes on
*when* it's tripped.

I think that's what she said, except she said should instead of did.
She pushes the test button and the red light should come on.