Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob M. Bob M. is offline

Default hose bib with anti-siphon leaks

"John Keith" wrote in message
On Sat, 5 May 2007 08:58:25 -0400, "Joseph Meehan"

A little dribble each time it turned on is normal, but continued
leaking
is not.

This was a continual leak.

I just replace the valve as they are usually cheap to start with and I
use a better quality one and I have not had any of my replacements fail.

This is on a freezeproof faucet and the connection to the inside
plumbing is deep inside finished space so replacement was last on the
list of alternatives.

Replacement of the seals is most likely quite easy. The freezeproof portion
of it is nothing more than a very long shaft with seals at the end, which
you can remove by simply disassembling the faucet from the outside and
unscrewing the shaft.