Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
robo hippy robo hippy is offline

Default An apple wood review

On May 6, 7:15 am, Ralph E Lindberg wrote:
In article ,

Prometheus wrote:
Hello all,

Well, it's the season for people to start doing DIY tree-trimming
again.

Knocked down two dying 50+ year old trees this winter, to supplement the
one I knocked down years ago, the only splitting I have had was caused
by drying the logs wrong

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found athttp://www.ralphandellen.us/rv

I also love Apple. I am used to the bigger trees being rotten in the
heart. The wood cuts beautifully, with a nice smooth even grain. The
distortion is porportional to the amount of water in the wood, and I
have had some pieces move wonderfully, and I love the warped shapes.
Also, I don't think it likes to crack the way cherry does.
robo hippy