Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default New AA battery recharger - have I goofed?

Dave wrote:

As a side note, I have a uniross something or other. It says it takes 19
hours to recharge a pair of 2200 mah batteries

after 19 hours they are pretty hot

is that bad ?

Depends a bit on where the heat is coming from. If it is a result of
overcharging the cells, then it is not good for them. If however it is
just that the charger itself gets hot and that in turn heats the cells
then there is less to worry about. It sounds like it is not charging at
a very fast rate anyway (i.e. under 150mA). This is still quick enough
to damage cells on an overcharge, but not quite as quickly as some of
the very fast chargers that only take an hour or two.

--
Cheers,

John.