Posted to alt.home.repair
Tazz Tazz is offline

Default electricity not working properly

I am assuming you have single phase service to the APT.
And this APT with a 100a main breaker is possibly fed from another
panel or gutter from the power companyl. breaker or disconnect.

Need to check the incoming power and see if you have the correct
voltage there. Sounds like you may have lost a leg.

If you have the correct voltage there then I would see if all the
branch circuit breakers have voltage on them at the panel.
If so, could be you lost a neutral or hot somewhere in one of the
circuits.
Is it a GFCI and needs to be reset?

On Sun, 06 May 2007 02:32:42 GMT, "tonytcolon" u33962@uwe wrote:

My friends wife plug a hair dryer in the bathroom light fixtures outlet, as
soon as she turned it on the intire apt. had no light. she blew the main
breaker (100 amps). they called me up i replaced the breaker and the outlets
are working only in the bedroom, livingroom and one other outlet in the
kitchen. all the light switches dont work. the bathroom and kitchen light
switch dont have any power whatsoever. i checked all light switches and
fixture for any broken lines. they seem fine. what else can i check for?
Thanks Tony.