Posted to alt.home.repair
M100C M100C is offline

Default Repairing broken tree limb ...

All,
I have a small, white pine tree in my yard about 10' high. Back in
early spring, while it was still cold, my son climbed into the tree to
retrieve a toy lodged at the top, and in doing so, broke off the whole
top section (about 2'). Snapped right through the top of the "trunk"
so cleanly that it looks like it was nearly cut off. The break is
right above a small set of limbs, and I was advised to bend-and-secure
one of the limbs into an upright position, so it will take on as a
"leader".

Does this sound right? I am completely ignorant as to the best way to
fix this, and your suggestions are welcome.

Thank you greatly,
Chris