Posted to alt.home.repair
Roger Roger is offline

Default Cleaning brick

Try a scrub brush, elbow grease, and detergent, let it sit awhile, then
spray it
off with a powerful nozzle. Should work, if it is just dirt.

"Marianne Halevi" wrote in message

I have small brick porch in back of my house with a nice tree that gives
shade to sit under. It was made from used brick, and looked good. But
last year, when they had to open up a trench through it for some pipes
to go in the ground, the brick came in touch with soil and, I guess,
were lying around "dirty" for a while. When the pipes were in I put the
bricks back and washed them, but they still have this muddy look when
they dry (look o.k. when wet). I think the mud got into the pores of
the brick or something like that. Is there a way to clean them?
Marianne

--
Marianne Halevi